About Julia Christianson
I am a freelance writer and editor living in the Twin Cities in Minnesota. I have five plus years of experience doing freelance writing and editing, and have worked with individuals, non-profits, publishing companies, and small business owners on a wide array of projects. These include but are not limited to: a memoir, legal blog posts, a therapy manual, a travel manual, short stories, newsletters, Bible study materials, informational books, business proposals, and ESL materials for one-on-one classes. My goal is to work with you to make your project the best version of itself, connecting your message to your reader and working with you to achieve full satisfaction with the finished work. I am happy to meet in person with people in the Twin Cities area, and would be glad to correspond or communicate via Skype or telephone call in addition to email for clients living in other areas.
Benefits of working with me:
- I want for every single client to be fully satisfied with the finished work, and will make every effort to achieve that.
- I offer one included in-person or video-call Skype meeting at the start of and one at the conclusion of each project.
- For editing projects, a free sample edit is provided along with the initial estimate for the cost of a project.
- I am willing to offer per-project or per-hour fee systems, depending on client preference.
- I am experienced in APA and Chicago styles, and am willing to discuss and work with independent or custom style preferences and layouts.
- All expectations and requirements are clearly laid out in a contract with deadlines, so there are no surprises about the work or when things will be done.
Special experience and interests:
- I lived in China (Yinchuan, Ningxia province) for three years; I am experienced with Chinese culture, and know some Mandarin Chinese (though I am not fluent).
- I have over five years of EFL teaching experience.
- I have knowledge about and have experience with traveling internationally.
- I am well-versed in biblical knowledge, with experience writing Bible study materials.
- I play several musical instruments, and can read music.
- I passionately enjoy science fiction and fantasy and young adult fiction.
- I am interested in and somewhat experienced in a variety of crafting arts.
If you would like more information or would like to discuss whether a a specific project or topic would be a good fit, contact me and I will get back to you soon.